If you are in an accident that someone else is responsible for, you can find yourself with a host of unexpected physical, financial, and emotional damages. Under New Mexico law, you may be eligible to collect compensation for these damages in a personal injury lawsuit, but proving the negligence of the at-fault party can be difficult.
In these situations, trust Jordan, Herington & Rowley to represent your Albuquerque personal injury claim. Our attorneys will use their skills, strategies, and resources to craft a compelling case in your favor, allowing you to focus on recovery.
Why Choose Us?
- Our attorneys are skilled in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. We prepare every case as if it will go to trial, and will not hesitate to move to the courtroom if necessary.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. This means we will take an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement as payment, and you do not pay legal fees if we do not secure compensation on your behalf.
- We believe in honesty and clarity when communicating with clients. We will always answer any questions you may have, inform you of important updates, and prepare you for each stage.
What Is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury occurs when you suffer an injury to your body, mind, or emotions as a result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Under New Mexico law, the person responsible for causing your personal injury must pay for the damages you suffer due to his or her actions.
You can suffer a personal injury during many types of accidents, including car collisions, motorcycle crashes, slip and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice. However, not all instances of these accidents qualify for personal injury.
Speak to an attorney at Jordan, Herington & Rowley to discuss your case and whether or not negligence may have played a role.
Your Legal Options After a Personal Injury
Your legal pathways following an Albuquerque personal injury case will depend on the cause and type of accident you experienced, the severity of your injuries and estimated amount of damages, and whether or not an insurance company is involved. You have three main options for legal action following a personal injury.
- You can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- You can file a claim with your own insurance company.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
In most cases, your first step is to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. You may also file a claim with your own insurance company if you have the appropriate coverage and the at-fault party either doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage.
Personal injury lawsuits are typically the last option, but may be an appropriate first step if you have high amounts of damages that exceed the insurance company’s policy. If the insurance company denies your claim or does not provide an adequate settlement, you may also proceed to the lawsuit stage. Your attorney will evaluate your claim and determine which pathway is right for you.
Contact an Albuquerque Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you are struggling with the aftermath of a personal injury in Albuquerque, you need an attorney on your side who can advocate for your best interests. Look no further than Jordan, Herington, & Rowley to represent your claim.
Our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys will examine the facts of your case and help you strategize your next steps. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.