Truck accidents can cause severe damage due to the size and weight difference between these vehicles and the standard passenger car. If you are in a collision with a truck in Albuquerque, you can experience serious, life-altering injuries, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Under New Mexico law, you have the right to claim compensation for your injuries if you were not at fault for the truck accident. In these situations, trust Jordan, Herington & Rowley to guide you through the complex claims process.
Why Choose Us?
- Our attorneys have decades of experience handling many types of personal injury cases, including truck accidents. We will use the full extent of our strategies, resources, and skills to build your case.
- Truck accident claims often involve corporations, and many of these companies may not offer you maximum possible compensation. Our attorneys will advocate aggressively on your behalf to help you recover the funds you need.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis to limit your out of pocket costs. If we do not secure a settlement in your case, you do not pay legal fees.
Common Injuries After an Albuquerque Truck Accident
Trucks can cause significant damage to motor vehicles, and as a result, injuries following this type of accident can be very severe. In many cases, a collision between a truck and a car can result in death.
Some of the most common injuries sustained after a truck accident include the following:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Burns and bruises
- Amputation and disfigurement
- Internal organ damage
In many cases, these injuries require long-term treatment, physical rehabilitation, surgical procedures, and disability accommodations. The recovery times can be lengthy, causing you to lose thousands of dollars in wages and sometimes preventing you from returning to work completely. To obtain the funds you need to recover from these injuries, it is important to file your truck accident claim as quickly as possible.
How Long Do You Have to File a Truck Accident Claim in Albuquerque, NM?
If you are pursuing a personal injury lawsuit for your truck accident injuries, you must adhere to New Mexico’s statute of limitations for these claims. The statute of limitations is a deadline by which you must file your claim, or the court will refuse to hear your case.
In New Mexico, you have three years from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit. While this deadline may seem restrictive, filing your claim in a timely manner provides a number of benefits to your claim. It ensures that you are able to bring your claim to the courtroom before evidence disappears or becomes destroyed. The statute of limitations also helps ensure your witnesses’ memories are fresh and reliable.
To ensure you meet this deadline and to prevent unnecessary errors or delays, trust Jordan, Herington & Rowley to handle your truck accident claim. Our attorneys will meet with you to learn your story, compile the appropriate paperwork, and begin the lawsuit filing process so you can retain your chances at collecting compensation.
Contact Jordan, Herington & Rowley Today
Are you the victim of a truck accident in Albuquerque? Jordan, Herington & Rowley can help. Our truck accident attorneys will utilize our wide network of resources and experts to launch a full-scale investigation into your accident, helping you build a strong claim.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free consultation with a truck accident attorney and learn more about your legal options.