Under Colorado law, you can recover compensatory damages for the losses you suffer in a car accident you did not cause. Jordan, Herington & Rowley can help you recover this compensation.
Why Choose Us?
- We understand seeking legal help can be expensive — which is why we operate on a contingency fee basis. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement.
- Our firm has decades of experience working with car accident cases in and around Fort Collins. We understand the strategies and processes necessary to help you obtain compensation.
- Our attorneys believe in open and honest communication from consultation to settlement. We will always inform you of important updates in your case.
Your Legal Options After a Fort Collins Car Accident
Colorado operates on a traditional fault-based insurance system, which means that the at-fault driver in an accident must pay for the damages of the other people involved. You have two main pathways to collect these funds: an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit in Colorado civil court.
In the insurance pathway, your first option is to file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If he or she does not have insurance, you may file with your own policy if you have the appropriate coverage.
If the at-fault driver does not have insurance, does not have enough insurance to cover your damages, or the insurance company refuses to provide you with an acceptable settlement, you may file a lawsuit in Colorado civil court. Speak to an attorney at Jordan, Herington & Rowley to determine which option is best for you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for any number of reasons, from traffic violations to dangerous, negligent behavior. In some situations, multiple factors can contribute to a collision. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include the following.
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Speeding during inclement weather conditions
- Driving while drowsy and falling asleep at the wheel
- Making a left turn illegally
- Defective brakes and other mechanical failures
- Potholes, road debris, and other defects
Identifying the cause of your collision is the first step to seeking the compensation you need to recover. With this information, your attorney will be able to determine who was at fault and present these findings to the courtroom to secure your settlement.
You can hold the other driver responsible in a lawsuit, as well as government agencies and private companies, depending on the circumstances surrounding your claim. The car accident attorneys at Jordan, Herington & Rowley can help you determine who is responsible for your damages.
Contact Jordan, Herington & Rowley for Your Fort Collins Car Accident
If you are in a car accident in Fort Collins and need an attorney to advocate for your needs, look no further than Jordan, Herington & Rowley. Our attorneys will fight aggressively for your right to compensation, helping you obtain the funds you need to recover.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free consultation.