Under Colorado law, you have the right to claim compensation for your damages in a truck accident if the other driver was at fault. Jordan Law can help you file the claims necessary to receive these funds.
Why Choose Us?
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis to limit your out-of-pocket costs. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
- Our attorneys have extensive trial and negotiation experience. We will not hesitate to move your case to the courtroom if you do not receive an adequate settlement offer.
- We have secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our attorneys will work closely with you to determine your optimal path to compensation.
How to Prove a Colorado Truck Accident Claim
To collect compensation in a truck accident lawsuit or insurance claim, you will need to prove that negligence occurred and that the at-fault party was responsible for the accident. The at-fault party in your claim may be the driver, but is likely to be his or her employer.
You and your attorney will need to prove the following four elements to establish negligence:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. This duty can include driving safely and following traffic laws, adhering to government regulations, and performing proper maintenance.
- The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care to you. Your attorney will help you determine the cause of the accident so you can identify this breach of care.
- The breach of care directly caused your injuries. Your medical records and witness testimony, along with medical expert witnesses, can help prove this element.
- You suffered damages as a result of your injuries you can collect in your lawsuit. Your attorney will help you identify which damages you qualify for.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Truck Accident Case
While these elements may seem straightforward, proving a truck accident claim can be very complex. You may have to face the truck driver’s employer in the courtroom, and corporate and government attorneys prepare strong defenses for their clients. They may claim you were at fault for the accident, harming your chances of claiming the funds you need to recover and possibly reducing your award.
In these situations, Jordan Law can help. Your attorney will conduct a full-scale investigation into your accident and collect all available pieces of evidence to prove the at-fault party’s negligence. He or she will request evidence from the trucker’s employer you may not have access to in order to pinpoint the cause of the accident, helping you build a strong case for your compensation.
Choose Jordan Law for Your Truck Accident Claim
Are you the victim of a truck accident in Fort Collins? Jordan Law can help. We will work closely with you to learn your side of the story and represent your best interests in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Fort Collins truck accident attorneys.