Choosing Your Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents often result from negligence. A distracted driver, roadway defect, malfunctioning vehicle part are all common causes of car crashes.
When someone else’s mistake causes you physical harm, emotional damage, and financial problems, trust Jordan, Herington & Rowley as your Denver car accident lawyer.
Our clients get full, undivided attention after a serious car accident. Let our Denver car accident attorney team fight for your right to full and fair financial compensation. Contact us online or call today.
On This Page
- Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?
- Why Choose Our Denver Car Accident Attorneys?
- The Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
- What are the Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents?
- How to File a Colorado Injury Claim
- What is Colorado’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents?
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Denver Colorado Car Accident Statistics
- Compensation Can You Expect in a Car Accident Claim?
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- I Need Legal Help After My Car Accident
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?
An auto accident can leave you out of work. It can also leave you in the hospital with large medical expenses. Additionally, you may not have a working vehicle. Also, with severe injuries, you could face long-term medical bills, disability, and lost quality of life.
If the other driver or a third party caused your accident, you have the right to go to court in pursuit of fair compensation.
Above all, you risk losing this chance if you don’t have an excellent Denver accident attorney on your side. In this process there are many challenges you may face while filing a car accident lawsuit, including:
- You have a limited time to make a claim
- Needing an advocate
- Help navigating the process
- Laws vary between states
- Proving liability can be difficult
- Filing a lawsuit is complex
- Different settlement options
- Proving your case in court is complicated
- You could lose money
Why Choose Our Denver Car Accident Attorneys?
- At Jordan, Herington & Rowley, we care about the people we represent and work hard so our clients and families get compensation and justice.
- The team at Jordan, Herington & Rowley has years of experience helping clients recover in car accident claims. Also, we know exactly which courts to go to, which rules are most crucial, and how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation.
- We’ve also got decades of experience on our car accident, truck accident and personal injury cases. Our results prove that!
- We are real trial attorneys that will go to trial for your case!
- Also, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis to lower out of pocket expenses. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
The Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
The majority of car accidents are caused by human error. Here are the leading causes of car accidents:
- Distracted driving – the #1 cause of motor vehicle crashes in the United States!
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving in poor weather conditions
What Are The Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents?
According to the NHTSA, over 3 million Americans are hurt in auto accidents every year. Injuries may vary on impact, there are common injuries that victims experience in car accidents:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
Also, keep in mind that car accident injuries depend on different factors. For instance, whether the passengers were wearing seat belts. Also the direction of the impact of the car. Other examples are deployment of airbags, and the speed of the car(s). Therefore contacting our Denver car accident lawyer is important in evaluating if you have a case.
How to File a Colorado Injury Claim
Colorado is a fault auto insurance state. This means that the person who is responsible for your car accident must pay for your damages as well. Usually, these funds come out of his or her car insurance policy.
There are three main options to file a car accident claim:
- You can file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s policy.
- Filing an insurance claim with your own policy, if you have the appropriate coverage.
- You can also file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
In most car accident claims, you will file a claim with the insurance company. Next, you proceed to the lawsuit stage if your claim is unsuccessful. However, your attorney may examine your case and advise you to proceed directly to the lawsuit process.
To file a Denver personal injury lawsuit, your attorney will begin by performing a preliminary investigation into your claim. Next, they will complete the paperwork necessary to file your claim. Additionally, they will inform the at-fault party of your intent to sue. After you file, you will enter the discovery process where you will exchange evidence with the at-fault party. Next, you may enter into negotiations for your settlement.
You may receive a settlement at this stage. If negotiations are unsuccessful, your case will move to the courtroom. Finally, a judge and jury will decide whether or not you should receive a settlement. This is where the settlement amount is determined.
What is Colorado’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents?
Three years is the short answer. The statute of limitations is a law that limits that time frame an injured party can file a lawsuit. If a lawsuit is not filed within the time frame, the lawsuit will most likely be dismissed. According to Colorado law, the statute of limitations for car accidents is three years.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Every year, hundreds of Colorado citizens end up in the hospital after drunk drivers collide with them. Accidents involving an impaired party are often more serious than other crashes. This is because drunk drivers tend to make poor decisions like speeding or running red lights.
Drunk drivers have no right to get behind the wheel. They deserve to face justice after causing serious injuries or deaths.
However, drugged driving is also a significant issue in Colorado
Especially after the legalization of marijuana. In 2016, one-third of all traffic-accident fatalities (196 deaths) involved an impaired driver. More than 17% of driving under the influence (DUI) arrests in the state involved marijuana impairment.
After an accident with an impaired driver, stay calm and call the police. The government can prosecute the driver for criminal charges. You can bring a civil claim in pursuit of monetary damages. The car accident lawyers at Jordan, Herington & Rowley can use their years of experience handling DUI accidents in Denver to your benefit.
Denver Colorado Car Accident Statistics
The data about Colorado and Denver’s car accident statistics can help put your crash into perspective. Here are a few recent numbers:
- +11%. The percentage of increase in the number of traffic-related fatalities in Colorado from 2014 to 2016.
- 3,668. How many fatal and injury crashes there were throughout Colorado in 2017.
- There were 45 fatal accidents in Denver, CO in 2017. These accidents took 46 lives. Of these accidents, 20 crashes and 20 deaths involved impaired drivers.
Every year, thousands of people go to hospitals in Colorado for car accident-related injuries. Some never get the chance to walk back out of those doors.
Our Denver car accident lawyers are dedicated to bringing negligent and reckless drivers to justice. We help clients achieve justice and compensation through hard-hitting litigation.
Compensation Can You Expect in a Car Accident Claim?
Your car accident lawsuit or insurance claim allows you to collect damages for the emotional, physical, and financial consequences you endure as a result of the collision. You can collect two main types of damages in your case: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include the tangible, out of pocket expenses you endure, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage and vehicle repairs
- Physical therapy
- Wages lost
- Loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
On the other hand, non-economic damages involve your physical and mental pain and suffering.
The following types of non-economic damages may be claimed in your case:
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
What to Do After a Car Accident
The moments after a car accident can be disorienting. This is also the time that the evidence is freshest. This is where you can begin to build the foundations of a strong claim. If you can move around safely and without causing additional injury, take the following steps to collect evidence for your case:
- Call 911 to bring law enforcement to the scene and create an accident report. Collect the responding officer’s information so you can find this crucial piece of evidence later.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Also save all documentation you receive during your medical visits.
- Photograph the scene and the damages. This includes areas around the crash, your injuries, and all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Contact details, insurance information, and driver’s license.
- Do not make any claims about your injuries or your role in the accident. Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you contact a Denver car accident attorney.
In addition, you should always speak to your car accident attorney before speaking to an insurance adjuster!
Remember, it is not in the company’s best interest to provide you with the maximum possible settlement.
Therefore, making a premature statement can hurt your case. Contact a Denver personal injury lawyer from Jordan, Herington & Rowley as soon as possible to discuss how to approach these conversations!
I Need Legal Help After My Denver Car Accident
When it comes to improving your odds of significant recovery, choosing the right car accident attorney will make a big difference. Your claim is unique, and you need to find the best Denver car accident lawyer for your needs. That’s where we come in!
Even if you have reason to believe you are partially at fault, don’t assume you lose your right to recovery. Our Denver car accident lawyers can help you navigate through Colorado’s complex legal system, and find many ways you could still be eligible.
Call Our Denver Car Accident Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
Attorney Jason Jordan and his amazing team are available 24/7 to discuss your potential claim during a free consultation. Sign up for yours online today.
We specialize in car accident cases and might be able to help you secure full compensation for your damages and can discuss your legal opportunities for free.
“Jordan, Herington & Rowley is truly incredible. They are a very professional group of people that always showed me the utmost respect. I was treated like family and am proud to say they really changed my life. Thank you Jason, Laura, and staff for representing me in such a difficult time!” -Will J.