Awards & Accolades
A Reliable Car Accident Attorney & Truck Accident Attorneys in Littleton, CO
After you suffer an injury in an auto accident, you need to look for the right car accident law firm in Littleton, CO to help you get the compensation you deserve for lost wages, medical bills, and more. At Jordan, Herington, & Rowley, we have built a reputation for negotiating the best settlements for our clients to give them the protection they deserve after an accident injury. We pride ourselves on providing compassionate, aggressive representation that gets results and reduces stress.
Representation for All Auto Accidents
Whether you were involved in an accident between cars, or a truck or motorcycle was involved, you can count on our car and truck accident law firm to give you the reliable representation you need to move forward with your case. You will meet with qualified, experienced attorneys who can give you the right advice and help you build your case. You can turn to us, whether you need a:
- Car accident lawyer
- Truck accident attorney
- Motorcycle accident attorney
We’re ready to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Meet with Our Team Today!
Fast action is critical when you’re injured in a vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence. Whether you need a car accident attorney, truck accident lawyer, or a lawyer for a motorcycle accident in Littleton, CO, you can count on us to give you advice and assistance to get compensation beyond what the insurance company may offer. You have rights, and our compassionate team is dedicated to protecting them.
Landmark Verdicts & Settlements
What Our Clients Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Choose Our Car Accident Attorneys?
- At Jordan Law, we care about the people we represent and work hard so our clients and families get compensation and justice.
- The team at Jordan Law has years of experience helping clients recover in car accident claims. Also, we know exactly which courts to go to, which rules are most crucial, and how to negotiate with insurance companies for maximum compensation.
- We’ve also got decades of experience on our car accident, truck accident and personal injury cases. Our results prove that!
- We are real trial attorneys that will go to trial for your case!
- Also, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis to lower out of pocket expenses. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
The Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
The majority of car accidents are caused by human error. Here are the leading causes of car accidents:
- Distracted driving – the #1 cause of motor vehicle crashes in the United States!
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving in poor weather conditions
What Are The Most Common Injuries in Car Accidents?
According to the NHTSA, over 3 million Americans are hurt in auto accidents every year. Injuries may vary on impact, there are common injuries that victims experience in car accidents:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
Also, keep in mind that car accident injuries depend on different factors. For instance, whether the passengers were wearing seat belts. Also the direction of the impact of the car. Other examples are deployment of airbags, and the speed of the car(s). Therefore contacting our Denver car accident lawyer is important in evaluating if you have a case.
How to File a Colorado Injury Claim?
Colorado is a fault auto insurance state. This means that the person who is responsible for your car accident must pay for your damages as well. Usually, these funds come out of his or her car insurance policy.
There are three main options to file a car accident claim:
- You can file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s policy.
- Filing an insurance claim with your own policy, if you have the appropriate coverage.
- You can also file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court.
In most car accident claims, you will file a claim with the insurance company. Next, you proceed to the lawsuit stage if your claim is unsuccessful. However, your attorney may examine your case and advise you to proceed directly to the lawsuit process.
To file a personal injury lawsuit, your attorney will begin by performing a preliminary investigation into your claim. Next, they will complete the paperwork necessary to file your claim. Additionally, they will inform the at-fault party of your intent to sue. After you file, you will enter the discovery process where you will exchange evidence with the at-fault party. Next, you may enter into negotiations for your settlement.
You may receive a settlement at this stage. If negotiations are unsuccessful, your case will move to the courtroom. Finally, a judge and jury will decide whether or not you should receive a settlement. This is where the settlement amount is determined.
What is Colorado’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents?
Three years is the short answer. The statute of limitations is a law that limits that time frame an injured party can file a lawsuit. If a lawsuit is not filed within the time frame, the lawsuit will most likely be dismissed. According to Colorado law, the statute of limitations for car accidents is three years.
What Compensation Can You Expect in a Car Accident Claim?
Your car accident lawsuit or insurance claim allows you to collect damages for the emotional, physical, and financial consequences you endure as a result of the collision. You can collect two main types of damages in your case: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include the tangible, out of pocket expenses you endure, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage and vehicle repairs
- Physical therapy
- Wages lost
- Loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
On the other hand, non-economic damages involve your physical and mental pain and suffering.
The following types of non-economic damages may be claimed in your case:
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Speak to your Denver car accident attorney (that’s us!) as soon as possible to determine which damages you may qualify for. This may include an estimated amount of your compensation.
What to Do After a Car Accident?
The moments after a car accident can be disorienting. This is also the time that the evidence is freshest. This is where you can begin to build the foundations of a strong claim. If you can move around safely and without causing additional injury, take the following steps to collect evidence for your case:
- Call 911 to bring law enforcement to the scene and create an accident report. Collect the responding officer’s information so you can find this crucial piece of evidence later.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Also save all documentation you receive during your medical visits.
- Photograph the scene and the damages. This includes areas around the crash, your injuries, and all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Contact details, insurance information, and driver’s license.
- Do not make any claims about your injuries or your role in the accident. Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you contact a Denver car accident attorney.
In addition, you should always speak to your car accident attorney before speaking to an insurance adjuster!
Remember, it is not in the company’s best interest to provide you with the maximum possible settlement.
Therefore, making a premature statement can hurt your case. Contact a Denver personal injury lawyer from Jordan Law as soon as possible to discuss how to approach these conversations!