Awards & Accolades
Choosing Your Denver Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
Does your child have cerebral palsy? Do you know that this can be caused by a birth injury?
The catastrophic injury may occur when a doctor, or another medical professional, makes an error. It doesn’t matter if they were well-intentioned, the damage that can result from medical malpractice can damage the quality of life and cause or hasten death.
It costs over $1 million dollars to provide care and treatment for a person with cerebral palsy. If your child is a victim of a birth injury, you both deserve to be compensated. Money can’t take away the disease but it can improve your child’s quality of life. Speak with a Denver cerebral palsy attorney for a free consultation. Call us at (303) 465-8733.
Landmark Verdicts & Settlements
Why Choose Our Denver Cerebral Palsy Lawyer?
- We are 100% focused on our clients. We are dedicated to representing our clients, and making sure themselves and their family get the justice they deserve.
- We have a reputation of winning; our Denver personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our deserving clients.
- You can always rely on our firm as our client, and are always available to them.
Start with a free consultation with a Denver cerebral palsy lawyer today.
Frequently Asked Cerebral Palsy Questions
What is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is caused by damage to the brain during or after birth. People with cerebral palsy may have seizures and other impairments. It can cause issues with balance and muscle control and coordination. People with cerebral palsy need treatment for life. There are various reasons why a doctor or hospital may be liable for your child’s condition. Incidents such as:
- Foreseeable medication or surgical side effects
- Delaying or failure to perform a cesarean section when needed
- Improper monitoring of the baby’s oxygen level during delivery and after
- Failure to treat severe newborn jaundice
- Failure to detect infections present during pregnancy
- Mismanagement of the delivery
- Using forceps or a vacuum extractor improperly
- Failure to detect umbilical cord issues
How Can You Determine If There Is A Case of Medical Malpractice?
The experienced cerebral palsy attorneys in Denver at Jordan Law know how to navigate the system and analyze the evidence to determine if a there is a case of medical malpractice. Don’t make that decision for your child. Consult with experienced attorneys to help make that determination. Since Jordan Law doesn’t get paid unless we win your case, we will not take your case unless we are confident in the outcome.
What Economic Damages Can Be Recovered With a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
A medical malpractice lawsuit can recover economic damages such as medical bills, parent’s lost wages and lost future earning power and non-economic damages such as pain and suffering and emotional and psychological anguish. Damages are usually sought for:
- Medical care
- Accommodations needed at home
- Adaptive devices such as wheelchairs
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Loss of wages for the parent
- Emotional and pain and suffering
What If I Can’t Afford an Attorney?
Brain injuries impact millions of Americans each year. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the rate of TBI-related hospitalizations, deaths, and emergency room visits increased by 54% between 2006 and 2014. The CDC also provides the following statistics on TBIs.
- Approximately 2.87 million TBI-related hospitalizations, deaths, and emergency visits occurred in the United States during 2014.
- In 2014, approximately 56,800 people died of TBI in the United States.
- Approximately 812,000 children in the United States sought treatment for TBI in 2014, often along with other injuries.
- Children accounted for 2,259 of 2014 TBI deaths.
What Our Clients Are Saying
After extensively searching for an attorney to take my case, and having no success, I was referred to Jordan Law. He was quick to respond and follow up with me. I was struggling to keep it together throughout this difficult experience, but the confidence and trust they built with me gave me to motivation to keep persevering