Hit and Run Accidents
Awards & Accolades
Choosing Your Denver Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
Colorado is a fault insurance state, which means the person responsible for an accident must pay for the damages others sustain. If you are in an accident with an at-fault driver who flees the scene before you can collect his or her insurance information, you are the victim of a hit and run.
Seeking compensation for your injuries after a hit and run can seem impossible, but the Denver hit and run accident lawyer at Jordan Law can help. Trust our firm to help you investigate your claim and help you obtain justice.
Landmark Verdicts & Settlements
Do I Need a Hit and Run Attorney?
- Our hit and run accident attorneys in Denver have a track record for success, securing millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement for you.
- Our Denver personal injury attorneys value open communication and our firm will be available to you 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Hit and Run Accident Questions
What is a Hit and Run?
A hit and run occur when one person leaves the scene of a car accident intentionally, without exchanging contact and insurance information with the other people involved in the collision. The driver may not be at-fault for the accident; however, these accidents occur most often to avoid financial responsibility for a car crash. In Colorado, it is illegal to commit a hit and run.
What are the Most Common Causes of Hit and Runs in Denver?
Often, people who commit a hit and run accident are avoiding financial responsibility or other dangerous consequences. Hit and runs can occur for a number of reasons, including the following.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while engaged in a distracting activity
- Driving over the speed limit
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving with outstanding warrants or previous tickets
- Driving without insurance
Who is At-Fault for a Hit and Run?
All car accident claims rely on the presence of negligence in order for you to prove your need for damages. To prove negligence, you and your lawyer will need to establish the following elements.
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached this duty.
- You suffered injuries due to this breach of care.
- You can collect compensatory damages in your lawsuit.
During a hit and run accident, anyone can be responsible for the cause of the accident. This may include all drivers, pedestrians who commit negligent acts, and even government agencies who neglect to keep roads in good condition.
However, it is likely that the person who flees the accident is responsible for the collision itself. Since Colorado is a fault insurance state, he or she may flee the accident in an attempt to avoid paying for your damages.
What Are Common Injuries in Hit and Run Cases?
Hit and runs can also result in a number of significant injuries, many of which require lifelong treatment and dangerous complications. Some of the most common hit and run injuries include the following.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Burns, bruises, and lacerations
Can You Sue an Insurance Company for a Hit and Run?
If you cannot identify the person who is responsible for your accident, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company to claim compensation. However, you will need to have the appropriate uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage under your existing policy.
You will not be able to collect compensation if you do not have this coverage available to you, and the insurance company may not provide you with maximum possible compensation. For best results, contact a Denver hit and run accident attorney from Jordan Law as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
Why Do You Need a Denver Hit and Run Accident Attorney?
Hit and run accidents are more complex than other types of car crashes. You do not know who is responsible for the accident because he or she fled the scene, and you will need to conduct an extensive investigation to find this individual.
While it may be tempting to handle your case alone, hiring an attorney to help you with your hit and run claim can provide a number of benefits to your case.
- Your attorney will have experience with cases like yours and will know where to begin your investigation and may have contacts in the police department who can help your case.
- If you can’t identify the driver, you may need to enter negotiations with your insurance company. Your attorney will have the skills necessary to advocate for your best interests during these discussions.
- Your Denver hit and run accident lawyer will also have access to expert witnesses who may be able to assist with your claim. These witnesses can provide testimony on your behalf in regard to the technical aspects of your claim, including accident reconstruction and medical evidence.
If you are the victim of a Denver hit and run, don’t wait to seek help. Contact the Denver hit and run accident lawyer at Jordan Law to advocate for your best interests.
Our attorneys will launch a full-scale investigation into your accident to help you identify the person responsible for your injuries. Schedule your free consultation today to strategize your next steps.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Motor Vehicle Accidents
After extensively searching for an attorney to take my case, and having no success, I was referred to Jordan Law. He was quick to respond and follow up with me. I was struggling to keep it together throughout this difficult experience, but the confidence and trust they built with me gave me to motivation to keep persevering